Sunday, October 23, 2005

me and you and a bad movie

What's up with movie critics; those high profile, low intelligence pair of eyes minus a brain are absurdly incorrect about 80% of the time. Take Ebert and Roeper for example; they both went carzy about the indie flick and Sundance darling "Me and You and Everyone We Know." The guys over on Cinecast did exactly the same thing; and to that I say WTF.
I tried "Me and You" a few nights ago, and despite my intial reaction of - 'I'll never get those 92 min. back,' I've tried to stay optimistic while contemplating the nuances and quirks of Miranda July's(Writer/Director/Co-Star) try at creating a movie that acts like life is actually lived. But despite my hope that I missed what she really saying, or maybe I misunderstood where she was going; the second viewing proved even more fatal.
I can take the bad lighting, horrible sound, and even bad editing that we've grown used to from today's independent films, but I cannot take a director throwing a few stories sloppily together and trying to tell me that if I don't like it's because I didn't get it. I got it and it was horrible. None of the stories can stand alone and together they don't keep the viewer enetertained.
I may be in the minority but "Me and You" was not a good movie, it was average at best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home