Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It Really Isn't Millions

Danny Boyle, the director of Trainspotting, The Beach, and 28 Days Later has ventured away from what we have come to know him for with his latest movie Millions.
Forgive me if you think I'm aggrivated; but I honestly expected so much more from Boyle on this one. Of course we get new camera angles and crazy visual effects we always get from Boyle's films but the trailer absolutely ruined this movie for me. I went into this movie thinking I was going to see one thing and ended it having seen something else.
I'm tired of trailers ruining films for me; "Millions" isn't bad and it isn't great, it falls somewhere in the middle with really good camera shots, but it's a family film- yes a family film. I didn't think I was sitting down to share a heart to heart with two little kids, I thought I was getting Boyle's best movie yet.
I was watching it and Rone ty walked in and asked me how it was; "Good to look at most of the time, but the storyline won't hold you."
Rent it and see for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home