Friday, November 04, 2005

Punching Drunk

I just watched Paul Thomas Anderson's (Boogie Nights, Magnolia) brilliant film Punch-Drunk Love; starring an incredible Adam Sandler and a delightfully cute Emily Watson.
And let me say that this film is absolutely genius, I was blown away by 1) Sandler's acting, 2)Anderson's indie film-style and 3) the incredibly original story line.
Everything I want in a movie was abundantly available in Punch-Drunk Love- I highly recommend this film.
Sandler plays Barry Egan, a quirky, temperamental toiletry salesman who is hounded by his seven sisters because he is flat-out strange. He is lonely and seems to have some psychological problems that present themselves when his anger gets the best of him.
Emily Watson's character Lena Leonard sees a picture of Barry from one of his sisters and takes an initiative to meet him. What evolves is raw and moving and worth the whole 95 min. This movie will be in my dvd collection soon, and I advise everyone to see it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're so cute :)

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home