Saturday, July 01, 2006

Today, my heart is broken

So I was talking to a friend at the gym today, a fellow music snob like myself. He was flipping through my cd collection when he came to Further Seems Forever's latest album Hide Nothing;"Dude I love them, you know they broke up huh?"
My heart sank.
Further Seems Forever is one of my favorite bands, and unfortunately they could not keep a lead-singer for anything. 3 albums and 3 lead-singers; The Moon is Down- Chris Carabba (of Dashboard Confessional fame- he left the band after they recorded their first album, but before it was released) How to Start a Fire Jason Gleason(great vocalist, but could not enunciate to save his life, I still don't know what the meaning of How to Start a Fire was) Hide NothingJohn Bunch (nothing great, nothing not great about this lead-singer, his style fit the bands message on Hide Nothing).
So if you get a chance to checkout anything they've done, please do. I know they have a myspace page and you can get to their website @ furtherseemsforever.com.
They were great, and I will miss them tremendously- smartypants walks with his head down today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home