Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Open Up Your Ears v.3: Indie Rock/Pop

Imagine being an emotional wreck because the love of your life is so sick they must move away for medical treatment and then imagine not being able to do anything about it.
Now realize you have a phenomenal voice highlighted by a falsetto to die for and an ability to make your emotions come to life by way of music; you would be singer/songwriter/pianist/guitarist Aaron Marsch of Copeland.
On Coepland's debut album Beneath Medicine Tree Marsch lets his listeners peer into his aching soul on each and every song.
The album is directly related to his girlfriend's illness and the role it plays on their relationship.
Beneath Medicine Tree was by far the most emotionally raw album of 2003; album standouts include Testing the Strong Ones, California and When Finally Set Free. You should also check out the acoustic version of Testing the Strong Ones;a truly moving album.
If you listen to any album I ever review this is the one to get, you will not be disappointed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jdizzel said...

I have to say the copeland album is catchy, I find myself questioning my man hood as my wife and I sing the songs together like we are in a musical for crying out loud. So I have to say I put the front on that I don't like copeland but if you hear me singing the songs word for word don't make fun of me.

Good to hear from you as well, late.

12:53 PM  
Blogger JP said...

yo yo..what up matt..hey its really weird you left me a comment cause i just left you a note at smothy king...yeah they all thought i was very weird. oh by the way that dude whos body up pasted you head to in those pictures...yeah hes huge!!!lol

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home