Friday, March 17, 2006

Anberlin @ the House of Blues

So I just saw my first show in over 6 months a few days ago; it was Anberlin: reigning Smarty Award winner of the Guilty Pleasure Award.
I've got be honest they really didn't blow me away like Copeland or Explosions in the Sky did; but one could chalk that up to some serious technical difficulties. Their lead guitarist didn't play until the third song because his amp was jacked up, and their sound man couldn't hold a conversation with Jay Taylor. And Stephen Christian, the lead singer failed to warm up his vocals and sounded like absolute crap on the first handful of songs.
But once they got all the glitches fixed they started to put on a show. Naive Orleans, Paperthin Hymn, and dance, dance Christa Paffgen were enthralling and actually had me singing along.
Considering the circumstances I'd say it was a good show and would recommend that if Anberlin stops within and hour of your home town you should definitely check them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home