Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Militia Group Steals Another One

O.K. The Militia Group is now officially my favorite indie music label. Not only do they have Copeland (their Beneath Medicine Tree album is in my top 10 ever), Acceptance, Lovedrug, Brandtson, Anadivine, Blue Print Car Crash, Cartel, The Beautiful Mistake, Rufio, and about 10 other great bands; but now they have signed The Appleseed Cast (the second group they've signed from North Carolina's Deep Elm Records, Brandtson was the first.)
If they put out a compilation album I highly suggest you pick it up.
And oh by the way, Brandtson is the reigning winner of "Album you can only play by yourself or The Guilty Pleasure Award" with there 04 release Send Us a Signal.
Anberlin's Never Take Frienship Personal is the leading favorite for this years award, but we are still a few months away from The Smarty Awards.
If you decide to check out a few of these bands, here is how I rate them: Copeland, Lovedrug, Brandtson, Appleseed Cast, The Beautiful Mistake, Cartel, and Acceptance.
And if anyone can tell me what an Appleseed Cast is you win $25.00.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, It's me, Brewster. Ty just emailed me(Dbrewster1@nalco.com) the site and I am checking out everyone. I might try and do my own blog. Yours is very cool. Do you leave any other post besides reviews? I will be in touch. What is your email address?

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home